CAROLINA PANTHERS Archive HOME > CAROLINA PANTHERS

There’s no point in sugarcoating it: The Carolina Panthers’ running backs underwhelmed in 2017. The tandem of Jonathan Stewart and Christian McCaffrey combined for 1,115 rushing yards (with 680 and 435, respectively) and the team’s leading rusher was quarterback Cam Newton (754 yards). In fact, Newton also led the Panthers in yards per carry at

CHARLOTTE, N.C. (AP) The Carolina Panthers are off the market.The Panthers announced Wednesday they have signed a “definitive agreement” to sell the team to David Tepper, the founder and president of global hedge fund Appaloosa Management.The deal is subject to NFL approval.League owners will meet next week in Atlanta, where they are expected to vote

Charlotte’s banking sector is getting a new name, with Louisiana-based IberiaBank announcing plans to enter the market. The Lafayette-based company said Tuesday it has hired Rotcher Watkins, former Charlotte market president for First Tennessee Bank, to hold the same role for Iberia in Charlotte. The company did not disclose where its first Charlotte office will be, and

As the sale of the Carolina Panthers nears the finish line, some of Charlotte’s richest families are in for a big pay day. Jerry Richardson owns 48 percent of the team, leaving the other 52 percent to a group of about a dozen wealthy individuals and families from around the region. The minority partners have

Charlotte businessman Felix Sabates, who has been working for months to pull together a local group to potentially buy the Carolina Panthers, says he now won’t be involved with any bids. The Observer reported last month that Sabates, a long-time fixture on the Charlotte sports scene, was looking to partner with another bidder, rather than

A new billboard on Interstate 40 aims to generate support for keeping Confederate monuments in place. The North Carolina Sons of Confederate Veterans’ billboard is near the I-40/I-95 interchange near Benson. It reads, “Help us protect our veterans’ monuments!” It also features an image of Silent Sam, the controversial monument on the campus of UNC-Chapel